Job Description – Part-time Maintenance
This part- time position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
The Maintenance staff will meet all qualifications and behavior standards as set by the Laredo, Diocesan Catholic School Office and as stated in our Faculty/Staff Handbook and our Salesian Educator Profile. It is primarily the witness and the behavior of staff that give the distinctive character to Catholic schools. While an employee must be knowledgeable and qualified in his/her field, they must also demonstrate an understanding of what goes into the mission of Salesian education. It is the chief desire of the Church that all of us consider their lived-faith and their Christian life-style just as important as their professional credentials.
In accordance with the Salesian, dynamic force of educational love, we are urged to reflect on the quality of our presence and of what we offer, following the example of Mary, becoming a presence that collaborates with the Holy Spirit to help Christ grow in the hearts of the young people and one another.
• expect to drive a vehicles as needed for certain jobs
• operate and maintain custodial equipment
• perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs as necessary
• perform tasks related to the cleanliness and maintenance of all school property: indoor, outdoor, roofs, campus, all the tools, vehicles, equipment and furniture, etc.
• respond to or coordinate a response to emergency calls after hours
• perform related duties as assigned by Plant Manager
Maintenance staff must have knowledge of:
• proper methods, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in maintenance work
• cleaning supplies including methods of cleaning floors, blackboards, carpets, furniture, walls and fixtures and painting
• requirements of maintaining buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition
• appropriate safety precautions and procedures
• proper lifting techniques
• proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies
Maintenance staff must exhibit:
• tact, patience and courtesy
• establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
• plan and organize work
• maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
• willingness to respond to emergencies after hours
• proper lifting methods
• Proof of high school diploma/GED (if applicable)
• Official Transcripts (if applicable)
• Resume (required)
• Two (2) references forms from current or previous supervisors
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
• Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
• Driver’s License
• Social Security
• Tuberculosis Exam
• Background Clearance
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.